Monday, January 12, 2009

Chemo #2

I've felt pretty well over all since my treatment last Thursday. Thursday evening was a little rough, and I've been very tired since then, but no big side effects. The kids have had little colds, but nothing too bad. I'm schooling the kids this week because Diana's family all have strep throat. None of us wanted to spread that around. Diana organized everything nicely, so it went very smoothly today.

Someone with experience losing hair suggested that I use a lint roller on my head to pick up all the loose little hairs that keep coming out. What a good tip. I'm well on my way to being really bald, not just shaved. I wonder what it will be like to have it all grow back? Dealing with real hair again might be a challenge.

The baby is still active and growing. Another appointment with the OB is scheduled on Wednesday. If all goes according to schedule, my last round of this type of chemo will end during my 21st week. The delivery will be somewhere between 30 and 34 weeks. Then another type of chemo will be given.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to hear how it went, Amy. All of our people here in France ask regularly about you and I know they pray for you, too. Love to all.

Anonymous said...

A lint roller...that is a good idea. I don't think I would have thought of that. Glad to hear your little one is still doing well. Am praying your family does not get strepp. Bina's Caitlin had that just before Christmas. I love you! Aunt Sarah

Anonymous said...

So glad to get the update. I know we talked to you on Friday but are constantly thinking of you and praying--hoping you are still not sick. Praying that Diana's family gets well soon too. I am finding this house VERY quiet since we were all together! Na came last night for a while so at least we had someone to listen to--ha!

Donna said...

Praying for you daily. Especially grace to deal with the hair loss and that you won't get any additional illness. Love you!
dr

Anonymous said...

So happy that everything went as well as possible. Not to long and you will be a mother of seven, thats amazing~ Hope you continue to do so well. Love you lots.

Donna said...

Prayed for you at prayer meeting tonight. How are the mouth sores this go around?