Monday, June 20, 2011

Summer

I haven't been feeling as well lately. Most days I have periods of nausea, and I've been losing weight again. (I had been steadily gaining since the end of my fast in Phoenix.) I have my monthly appointment with the oncologist next week, so maybe we'll find out what's going on then. The herbal treatment I'm receiving has some significant side effects like lowering blood pressure and blood sugar. Mine tend to be on the low side of normal anyway, so I've been wondering if I'm feeling bad because of having blood sugar and pressure that's too low. We're going to try to monitor those levels routinely.

Meanwhile, while we hope for healing, I realize that's probably not what's happening. As I've watched this year's beautiful spring time I've enjoyed imagining what this would look like if it were all truly perfect. And I have such an anticipations about what God has prepared for His children. I feel like I've been given the most incredible travel package, but my family won't be able to join me yet. I feel a little bad for not being more hesitant to begin my eternity.

I have broadened my diet somewhat. When I began to have a harder time eating, I started eating what appealed to me if I was hungry - which I wasn't a lot. The green juice began making me nauseated, so I've taken a break from that.

Although this summer has not been the smooth sailing I would have asked for, we have been having a good time. I sat down last week with the summer's schedule and the master calendar. Cancer doesn't stop swimming, soccer, art or piano lessons, dentists, orthodontists, pediatricians, employers, youth groups, or libraries. And the kids are involved in it all. I'm glad their lives are rolling along - it's a pleasure to watch them grow. In July, we may be able to enjoy a special week in the mountains, and I'm really looking forward to that possibility.

12 comments:

Siberians said...

So sorry you've not been feeling very well. We DO pray for you. May the Lord give you the needed strength and energy to keep up with your daily demands. We understand how busy life can be and, you're right....your physical ailments don't stop life from moving along. We are glad that your children are keeping busy, though. That is good for them. Hope you get your week in the mountains and that it will be refreshing for all of you. Love you bunches. Jess

Anonymous said...

Glad to see your post, Amy, although I'm sorry to hear that you've been feeling less than stellar. You are frequently in our thoughts and prayers, and we love you! :)

Cousin Cynthia (for Joel, Morgan, Aydan, Daniella, and Abigail, too)

Anonymous said...

Dear Amy,

I continue to pray for you and check your blog often! May God strengthen you and your family!

Love,

Melinda Coffey

Mrs. Simon said...

Amy, we are praying for you and for your family, that you will feel God holding you through every moment, every mountain, every valley, and that no matter what, you will enjoy your hinds feet in high places! You are loved!
Ruth Bustamante

Brandi said...

Love and lots of hugs to you.

marla said...

Praying for you and your precious family for grace and peace right now.

Wendy said...

Still praying!!!! I wish there was something more we could do, but prayer is the most powerful thing we can do!!

Rachel in VA said...

Precious Niece,
Love to you, with prayers.
Aunt Rachel

April Cadwell-Keyser said...

Hi Amy,

Just wanted to stop by and say I am praying for you, and our church is also. I am so thankful that God allowed us to be roomates my freshman year. Although, it was not a good time period of my life, I am grateful for the wonderful example you were to me during those months! I love you, April

Anonymous said...

We rejoice with you, Amy, that you have a perspective few people have -- a genuine love for that which the Lord has planned for you. May each of your children study you and learn what means most in life.
We pray for you and your lovely family.
Carleen and Ken Newton

Ruthann said...

We are praying for you Amy and your sweet family. Love,
Ruthann Buker

Barbara evans said...

Amy is HOME. God be praised. Her life made a difference.
Praying for husband, children and family as you sorrow
But not without Hope. Praise God, His promises are everlastingly true.

Ed and Barbara Evans.