Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year

I had treatment today, but I'm home now and enjoying an evening with the family. We were very excited to find out that my tumor markers have fallen to 153 now. A normal tumor marker is 30 or less, so we still have a way to go, but the progress so far is remarkable. On January 7, I will be flying back to Denver for a PET scan so we can get a visual of the progress. I will have completed 7 weeks of treatment by then, and the scan will provided the information we need to decide how to continue. I was initially told I should expect to stay here for 8 to 12 weeks. From what I understand, how long I should continue here will depend on how many more bi-weekly IPT treatments I will need. Once I get beyond needing these treatments 2 times a week, I can go home, continue with most of the other treatments in the Denver area with various providers, and fly back here periodically for maintenance treatments over a period of a year or so. ....a year or so... That sounds pretty good. We were thinking a few weeks ago that my life could be over in 6 months. Now we're cautiously looking out over the next year and making treatment plans.

6 comments:

Doug Garland said...

Amy,
I pray for you and your family almost daily. I goto HP and know your folks. Your struggles are very familar to my family. The future is as bright as the promises of God! "If God be for us, who can be against us?"
Doug Garland
Greenville, SC

Suzy said...

That's just awesome....Happy New Year! I know the years are happier when you have learned to appreciate each minute of life you have with your family.....

Anonymous said...

I know the ladies in our SS class have been faithfully praying for you and will be glad to hear of answered prayer tomorrow. May the Lord of miracles continue to bless you all.

Siberians said...

I don't know what to say except that we serve a God of miracles.... and for that I am so thankful. I hope that you have a HAPPY NEW YEAR. We continue to pray and are looking for what God will do on your behalf over the next months. Soooo excited! Love you bunches!!! Jess

Unknown said...

Woohoo! What great news with which to start off the new year! We love you and continue praying for you all.

Cousin Cynthia

Anonymous said...

Amy,

We are praying for you and your family. We heard about you from a family member in CO. Your story has been such a testimony to us.

I will say of the LORD He is my refuge and my fortress: My God; in Him will I trust. Ps 91:2

Wendy In OH