Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Blessings

I'm now about 3 weeks into my treatments here at Oasis of Healing. I had a consultation with Dr. Lodi last week in which he gave me very encouraging news. My tumor markers have begun to fall steadily from their high of about 265. He said my other tests have shown that I am very strong physically and all the results were "perfect". We sure have been encouraged. Part of my treatment here has been a 14 day juice fast, which I am almost done with. I've been drinking 5 to 6 quarts of green juice each day. Even the veteran juicers here have been surprised at how much I've been drinking, but I find its the only way to keep myself from succumbing to the urge to pick in what I cook for the family. All the green juice has had a pretty profound effect on some of the other treatments, and things seem to be going very well.

Many of you have helped us in lots of ways - meals, gift cards, donations to cover the medical expenses, getting us settled here in Phoenix. It is impossible to let you know how deeply thankful we are, and I don't even really know how to begin. Jon and I have been overwhelmed at the down pour of love and caring we have received from hundreds of people, many of whom we don't even know. We have moved beyond the showers of blessings that the song talks about, and are fully into the flood. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

8 comments:

Brandi said...

I'm so happy that you will get to see Teresa and family for Christmas. I really wish I could see you all. I'm glad to hear that you have been given some uplifting news. I'm always thinking about you:)

Siberians said...

Amy, I am so glad to hear your update. I have been wondering how things were going. We will share the news with our church people tonight. Any snow in Pheonix yet? We have had almost a foot in the last week. Sunday night the temp. is supposed to drop to -60 degrees (F)!! I hope it is a little warmer there. :-) Greetings to ALL. We love you and continue to pray for you daily.

Suzy said...

I'm so glad to read your update! The other night I was surfing online and decided to study out the raw cancer diet (because I was intrigued on how they made all your Thanksgiving food out of RAW stuff!) and then researched all about the Oasis and things...anyway its so neat how all that works, and I hope and pray it continues to work for you!!!! Its a shame the mainstream medicine does not give more credit to some of these methods. Amazing.

Keep up the great work!!!

Melissa Huizinga said...

Happy to hear about your progress, Amy! I'm continuing to pray for you! :)

Melissa Huizinga said...

Happy to hear about your progress, Amy! I'm continuing to pray for you! :)

Unknown said...

What a blessing! It will be exciting to share your update with our folks at church, and we are still praying much for you.

With love,

Cousin Cynthia

thefedssc said...

So excited to hear of your great progress. You and your family remain in our thoughts and prayers.

Unknown said...

What a blessing to read of progress and encouraging progress at that as well as God's provisions for your care! We'll continue to pray! Wish we could do more but at least we CAN do that!
Hugs and blessings,
Vicki for us both