Thursday, December 16, 2010

This will be quick, but I wanted to let you all know how it's going.

First of all, the finances have been coming in a week at a time, about when we need them. The youth group at Tri-City Baptist church in Westminster, Colorado (our church) hosted an incredible fund raiser for us that blew everyone away. I didn't get to be there, but these guys evidently did an incredible job pulling together a nice meal and a silent auction. I have heard nothing but enthusiastic reviews of the whole event. Jon and I were so touched by everthing that folks there did. They raised more than $14,000 for my medical expenses. A morning show radio host in Greenville, South Carolina, Russ Cassell, also actively asked for funds for my treatments. His efforts provided about $8,000. There have been numerous gifts that have made this all roll along for us.

The treatments are still going well. My tumor markers fell drastically, then plateaued last week. Treatment was adjusted this week, and then we'll see what happens. I'm feeling great - just as healthy as ever. Our whole family is together here in Phoenix, and I'm so glad we don't have to be separated over Christmas. We're having a good time here. Although spring weather at Christmas just doesn't seem quite right.

Enjoy some of these good old Christmas treats in my honor. (My favorites are...um...used to be...sausage balls, bacon wrapped asparagus bites, and cheesy shrimp dip.)

5 comments:

Melissa Huizinga said...

Thanks for the update! Praise the Lord for His provision. Praying for you!

Suzy said...

Awww so glad you are feeling great!!!! Praying....

Siberians said...

Still praying. Thank you so much for keeping everyone up with things. It is so good to hear from you. We definitely have the "Christmas weather!" We have had -40 and about 2 ft. of snow. It has been warmer the last couple of days and will continue to be fairly warm (in the 20's)for the next 3 days and then cold comes again. It is snowing again today. Enjoy the warmth for us. Love, Jess (for all the crew)

Anonymous said...

You can't go wrong with sausage, bacon, or cheese.

Post the recipes for those sausage balls, bacon wrapped asparagus bites, and cheesy shrimp dip treats. YUMmm

Tell the boys I said hi (and the girls too).

Unknown said...

It's great to read your post (albeit a few days late). Am praying for you all! And we certainly know what you mean about non-Christmas weather. It's kind of tough to get in the "Christmas mood" when it's summer time. :D Christmas in the southern hemisphere is always a challenging adjustment, and I imagine it's much the same for you all, moving from Colorado to Arizona! But I'm so glad you're all together for Christmas. We love you!

Cousin Cynthia